Well, lazy summer days are over and we are back to chauffeuring kids to sports, attending school events, running bedtime marathons and…lunch packing!
I’m exhausted just thinking about it, but food can make or break the education experience…so it’s worth the effort.
It’s important to take the time to pack a nutritious lunch for our little humans, because…
- Your kids are worth it! They deserve good food.
- Real, nutritious food nourishes the brain so that it can perform optimally.
- Kids who eat well perform better academically.
- Processed foods or foods full of sugar can negatively impact their mood & behavior.
- Real, whole foods can help them succeed in school by keeping them satiated and not distracted by afternoon hunger.
- Good food can keep kids healthy…so they don’t miss school and you don’t miss work.
- What about ADHD? You can decrease ADHD symptoms and increase their ability to focus with the right food and exercise.
and…because you love them!
Try these nutritious lunch options:
- hummus and veggies
- apple slices with almond butter
- nuts and dried berries
- fresh fruit
- chia pudding
I know, it’s time consuming to pack a healthier lunch. Here’s how I make it simpler: chop fruits and veggies right when you get home from grocery shopping, then place them in serving size containers in the fridge. Just grab a few containers, throw it in the lunchbox and voila! Lunch-packing might be done only 1-2 times per week this way.
Or make the lunch while you are making dinner. If you are already chopping and making a mess of the kitchen, why not go ahead and put some of those veggies in a lunch box?
Your kids are worth it! Fuel them with real, whole food.